Learn To Ski/Ride Program- K-8th
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Registration Deadline- Sunday, December 30
There is an Early- Bird Rate of $10 off the listed prices below, if registered and paid prior to the deadline.
The discount will be taken at the time of check out. (Offline payments need to be in prior to the deadline)
After the deadline the Rec. Dept. and Schools work together to prepare the lists for the program.
All registrations after the deadline will be placed on a wait list.
The program is a collaboration between Williston Recreation and Williston Schools. The emphasis is on learning to downhill ski or snowboard, through weekly lessons. The program is primarily for the participant that wishes to learn or improve on their skills. All participants will take a one hour weekly lesson. (Lower level participants will have weekly lessons that are longer until they progress up the levels). The Learn to Ski/ Ride Program is for children in grades K-8th.
Kindergarten students must be transported to and from the mountain and accompanied by an adult, this means an adult is required to help out with their child during lessons.
Cochran's Program Information:
The program at Cochran's meets for 7 Tuesdays- Jan. 8-Feb. 19. (The schedule is weather dependent).
The program is from dismissal time to 5:15pm. Lessons and ski/ride time will be 2:30-4:30pm.
Buses leave the ski area around 5:00pm and return to Williston Central School only.
Parents who are picking their child up at the mountain must do so before 4:45pm to check them out.
There is a separate Ski/Ride Trip at the end of the program- Friday, March 8.
The trip is for participants in grades 3rd/8th who have achieved a level 5 or higher in their lessons.
The trip requires a separate registration form and payment, which will be distributed later by email.
Informational Sheet- See the link below for the Informational Sheet, which has all the information you need to prepare your child for the program and to ensure they have a successful time.
Mandatory Informational Meeting- An informational meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 4th at 6:00pm at the Williston Central School Auditorium. Come meet the staff, hear about the program and get your questions answered. The Informational Meeting is mandatory for all participants, past and new. The instructors feel it is important for all parents and participants to hear the information for the program.
Registration- Is done online only. you can choose to pay online or offline. Payments will be accepted the night of the Informational Meeting, starting at 5:45pm. Prior to coming to the meeting go online and register for the program, choose the offline payment option and then bring a check the night of the meeting.
Equipment Fitting Night- Wednesday, December 12 at 6:00pm, WCS will be the first fitting night for the ski/ride equipment. The cost to use equipment for the season is $30 and is payable by cash or check at the fitting night. There will be a second fitting night- TBD. Information on the second fitting night will be emailed to registered participants when set up. No equipment can be borrowed from the program after the second fitting night, due to the fitters are not available and equipment has to be safety checked and tuned by the Alpine Shop. This takes a week or more for them to do depending on business. Fitting nights will occur before the holiday break.
Student Instructors- There will be a meeting of all student instructors at 6:40pm on Dec. 4. 7th & 8th grade students will be invited to be student instructors for the program by the school staff. They will be provided a registration form that will need to be filled out and returned to the Rec. Dept. prior to Dec 28. There is a $28 registration fee for all student instructors.
Volunteers Needed- More than ever we are depending upon the help of parents to make this program a success. Volunteers are needed on a regular basis, each week, and also can use the extra help occasionally. If you plan on taking your child to and from the mountain on your own, please consider how you can help out. The success of this program depends on the adult volunteers we have! Speak with the lead instructors at the Informational Meeting.
Ski/Snowboard Rentals- There are many options for ski/snowboard rentals. The Alpine Shop works with us to provide discounts for the tune ups of the equipment that we lend out. So please support them by checking out their prices for rentals and other services. See the links below for their pricing sheets.
- All Registration is done online and there are two payment options.
- At Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. Online Payment Option is with a credit card (A convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Using this option your balance is paid in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the programs that you have chosen. The Online Payment Option is available until the deadline (if there is one stated), or the day before the program begins, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before, as list are delivered on Friday.
- 2. Offline Payment Option is mailing, using the drop box, or bringing in a check or cash with the receipt that is generated after you register. Reminder; the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received. The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program or deadline to register. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program might be cancelled due to low enrollment).
Additional Forms and Files: