Flip, Dance & Circus Camp- Ages 5-11
This popular non-competitive camp is a fun filled week of mat, dance, and circus skills!
What can your body do? How can we become stronger? We'll work daily on skills such as rolls, jumps, handstands, round-offs and cartwheels! We’ll choreograph cool dances using 8-counts to popular, appropriate music that the kids help pick, and do fun creative movement activities. Dances include a culmination of skills we learn, such as a circus dance!
Campers will work individually and in teams to become human sculptures, do mirror dance, and more! Circus skills such as balancing feathers, juggling beanbags and scarves, clown acts and specialties will be learned using the music of Cirque du Soleil! Carnival games are always fun, with jumping frogs, ring toss and throwing beanbags. We can even make up some of our own! We'll even play fun games like TAP, Clean Up After the Elephant, Caught in the Clown Car, Musical Hoops and more!
Campers will incorporate their new skills into routines for an exciting GymShow on Friday!! Please bring a healthy snack, flip-flops and water bottle daily.
Director: Ila Sewall, GymKids Academy
Bio: Ila holds a number of professional certifications including: Kinder Accreditation for Teachers (KAT); USAG Safety Certification; Level 1-4 Skill Evaluator Certification; and has judged competitive gymnastics. She has coached competitive and taught compulsory and tiny tots over the years.
- Final Balance for all camps must be paid in full by June 14, 2019.
- See the Camp Policy & Procedures for detailed information, payments and refunds- see link below.
- Registration for camps is done online and there are two payment options; at Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with a credit card (A convenience fee of 3.5 % is added). Using this options your balance is paid in full and your child is enrolled in the camps/sessions that you have chosen.
- 2. OFFLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is mailing or bringing in a check or cash with the receipt that is generated after you register. You can use the option to pay the deposits- $25 per child, per camp, per sessions. Reminder; your child is not enrolled until the deposits are received.
- NOTE: The Offline Payment Option, closes the Second Friday of June, so all registrations, with a check or cash payment, after this date has to be done at the Rec. Office.
- Registration Deadline: registration closes the Thursday prior to that start date of each camp or session. Fridays are for preparing lists for the next week of camps.
- Final balance for all camps or sessions is due on the June date above. Your balance can be paid down by sending in regular payments prior to the due date.
- After the final due date in June- Camp Registrations have to be paid in full at the time of registration. Deposits are no longer accepted after the final payment due date in June.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A camp could be closed due to maximum number reached).