Join Joanne Heidkamp, MS, RDN, registered dietitian nutritionist for Hannaford Supermarkets for one or more of these great workshops.
In her career as a dietitian she has provided counseling and education to help people move toward their nutrition goals at various stages of life and health. She earned a B.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Pittsburgh, with graduate studies in Nutrition at the University of Cincinnati.
Workshops held at Essex Hannaford Supermarket- Rt. 15.
Instructor: Joanne Heidkamp, MS, RDN
Bio: Joanne is a registered dietitian nutritionist for Hannaford Supermarkets. In her career as a dietitian she has provided counseling and education to help people move toward their nutrition goals at various stages of life and health. She earned a B.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Pittsburgh, with graduate studies in Nutrition at the University of Cincinnati.
Eating for a Healthy Heart- Food choices play a huge role in heart health. During National Heart Month, learn about the foods that nourish your heart. Thursday, Feb. 20
Making the Most of Winter Produce- While we dream of summer garden bounty, let’s make the most of winter produce. We’ll talk about the nutritional benefits, and look at how to enjoy them in soups and salads. We’ll also take a look at what’s in from the tropics, and how to make use of frozen and canned produce. You’ll leave with some recipes and a new appreciation for winter staples. Thursday, March 19
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options. At Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with a credit card (convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Use this option to pay your balance in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the programs that you have chosen. The Online Payment Option is available until the deadline (if there is one), or the day before the program begins, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before.
- 2. OFFLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is mailing, using the drop box, or bringing in a check or cash with the receipt that is generated after you register. Reminder- the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received.
- The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program or deadline to register. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check. Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program might be cancelled due to low enrollment).