Join Joanne Heidkamp, MS, RDN, registered dietitian nutritionist for Hannaford Supermarkets for one or more of these great workshops.
In her career as a dietitian she has provided counseling and education to help people move toward their nutrition goals at various stages of life and health. She earned a B.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Pittsburgh, with graduate studies in Nutrition at the University of Cincinnati.
Workshops held at Essex Hannaford Supermarket- Rt. 15.
Instructor: Joanne Heidkamp, MS, RDN
Bio: Joanne is a registered dietitian nutritionist for Hannaford Supermarkets. In her career as a dietitian she has provided counseling and education to help people move toward their nutrition goals at various stages of life and health. She earned a B.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Pittsburgh, with graduate studies in Nutrition at the University of Cincinnati.
Fueling the Teen Athlete- Elite athletes know that nutrition is an essential part of training and recovery. This workshop will look at meeting the nutrition needs of active teens with balanced food choices that support health and performance. Thursday, Sept. 26
Weeknight Meals for the Family- At 4 pm do you find yourself stressed about what to make for dinner? This workshop will cover tips and tools for creating a plan for weeknight suppers based on your family's schedule and food preferences. Thursday, Oct. 10
Eating to Prevent and Manage Pre-Diabetes & Type 2 Diabetes- Has your doctor expressed concern about your blood sugar? Does diabetes run in your family? Take charge of your food choices to protect your health. We’ll focus on the foods that help keep your blood sugar on track, and how to work more of them into your eating plan. Thursday, Nov. 14
Soups! - Soup is the ultimate comfort food. A few delicious, hearty soup recipes can help you keep your sanity during the hectic holiday season. We’ll taste test some soups and talk about great sides to round out a simple, satisfying meal. Thursday, Dec. 12
Cooking for 1 or 2 People- A lot of magazines and cooking shows seem to focus on preparing meals for a crowd. In this workshop we’ll look at tips and tricks for preparing delicious and nourishing meals for one or two people. Thursday, Jan. 23
Eating for a Healthy Heart- Food choices play a huge role in heart health. During National Heart Month, learn about the foods that nourish your heart. Thursday, Feb. 20
Making the Most of Winter Produce
While we dream of summer garden bounty, let’s make the most of winter produce. We’ll talk about the nutritional benefits, and look at how to enjoy them in soups and salads. We’ll also take a look at what’s in from the tropics, and how to make use of frozen and canned produce. You’ll leave with some recipes and a new appreciation for winter staples. Thursday, March 19
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options.
- At the end of Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. Online Payment Option is with a credit card (A convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Using this option your balance is paid in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the programs that you have chosen. The Online Payment Option is available until the deadline (if there is one stated), or the day before the program begins, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before, as list are delivered on Friday.
- 2. Offline Payment Option is paying with check or cash that can be mailed, using the drop box, or bringing in to the Rec. Office. Please include the receipt that is generated after you register. The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program or deadline to register. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- NOTE: the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received when using the Offline Payment Option.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program. Some programs do not allow registration after the first meeting of the program or after the deadline date.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program can be cancelled due to low enrollment).