R.E.C. Camp- Explorers (Entering Grades 1-2)
R.E.C. Camp- Recreation Experiences for Children- Explorers
Is a wonderful twist on the traditional day camp. Packed with recreation, sports, and arts & crafts, there is never a dull moment. This activity-based day camp is the perfect blend of choice activities, group games, free play and the ever-popular field trip.
Campers have the opportunity to meet new friends, learn new things and have fun. Each day campers participate in choice activities, group games, and indoor and outdoor play. After a morning on the go, there is lunch and quiet time to rejuvenate and be ready for an afternoon of fun activities.
Campers get to choose their choice activities that come from the counselors that are hired. There are a variety of activities to choose from.
Campers must provide their own lunch, snacks and drinks daily. (no refrigeration available)
T-Shirt: Campers will receive 1 camp shirt for the summer.
Explorers will have one field trip per session.
Camp is held at Williston Central School
Drop off and pickup is on the west side of the building near the After-Hours Entrance.
Full Days- 7:30a-5:30p
Half Days- (7-1 week, morning or afternoon options are offered June 22-August 7)
There are 8-1 week sessions available from June 22- August 14 (no camp July 3).
A session is Monday-Friday, full or half days
Spots Available- There are 40 spots per session for this group to maintain a 1:10 ratio.
A session cannot be spilt up by days or the full and half day options. (Your child may attend any days of a session that you want, but since the registration is taking a spot for the week, full fee must be paid and will not be prorated)
Full Days- 7:30a-5:30p $165 Res/$175 Non
Mornings- 7:30a-12:00p $85 Res/$95 Non
Afternoons- 12:30-5:30p $85 Res/$95 Non
A non-refundable deposit of $25 per session, per camper must be paid to enroll your child. (deposits are part of the camp fee)
Use the Offline Payment Option at checkout for paying the non-refundable deposits.
Payment must be mailed or dropped off at Rec. Dept. or use the Drop Box at Town Hall
Your child is not enrolled in the sessions until the deposits are received.
The remaining balance for the summer is due Friday, June 12.
The balance can be paid down prior to the June date by sending in a check weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
College age 18+ are hired as Counselors, High School age 16+ are hired as Assistant Counselors.
Camp Staff goes through a week of staff training and are certified in CPR and 1st Aid
Camp Daily Schedule: (Note: days may be different due to weather or field trip)
7:30-8:30a- Drop Off
8:30-9:00a- Group Games
9:00-10:00a- Choice Activities
10:30a-11:30p- Choice Activities
12:00-12:30p- Quiet Time/Free Play
12:30-1:30p- Choice Activities
2:00-3:00p- Choice Activities
3:00-4:30p- Group Time/Clean Up
4:30-5:30p- Pick Up
See Camp Policy & Procedures for detailed information, cancellations and refunds- see link below.
- Registration for camps is done online and there are two payment options; at Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with a credit card (A convenience fee of 3.5 % is added). Using this option your balance is paid in full and your child is enrolled in the camps/sessions that you have chosen.
- 2. OFFLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is mailing or bringing in a check or cash with the receipt that is generated after you register.
- You can use the Offline Option to pay the non-refundable deposits- $25 per child, per sessions.
- NOTE: Your child is not enrolled until the non-refundable deposits or the full amount is received.
- Final balance for all camps or sessions is due on the June date above. Your balance can be paid down by sending in regular payments prior to the due date.
- After the June date above- Camp Registrations have to be paid in full at the time of registration. Deposits are no longer accepted after the final payment due date in June.
- The Offline Payment Option, closes the Second Friday of June, so all registrations, with a check or cash payment, after this date has to be done at the Rec. Office.
- Registration Deadline: registration closes the Thursday prior to that start date of each camp or session. Fridays are for preparing lists for the next week of camps.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A camp could be closed due to maximum number reached).
To Register your child for Day Camp:
- Use the "Change Member" below to choose the correct child to register for the camp option.
- Then click on "Choose Option" for the available sessions/weeks.
- You will then have the opportunity to select all the sessions of camp that you want to register that child for.
- Click on "Continue".
- Check your weeks and then click "Proceed to Checkout".
- You can checkout or click on "Keep Shopping" to register another child for a camp. The camp you just registered for will be saved in your cart.
- When you checkout answer any questions and click on "Continue".
- You will then have the options to "Pay Online" with a credit card or use the "Offline Payment" to drop off or mail in the fees.
- Use the "Offline Payment Option" for non-refundable $25 deposits, per session, per camper.