Dangerous Girls, Age 16+
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Want to learn to kick butt while having a ton of fun? This is a Women-only cardio- kickboxing class that combines strength and conditioning with practical combat skills. Learn trips and throws, bounce to Beyoncé, hit hard, laugh a lot, and become a force to be reckoned with. Two separate days and times are offered.
Instructor: Zachary Stevens, ONTA Studio
Bio: Bio: Zach has been practicing martial arts since his mom, a Karate black belt, first brought him to a dojo at age five. Growing up on a farm in southern VT Zach studied and earned black belts in Goju-Ryu Karate and Nihon Jujutsu, and competed in folkstyle wrestling in high-school. Later he trained Judo in Chicago, Sanda Kickboxing, Tai Chi, and Chi Kung in California, Pekiti Tirsia and Dogbrothers Kali in Argentina, Taoist meditations, Chi Kung, and Tao Yin in Thailand, and Brazilian Jujitsu in England. His teachers include Brent Hamby, a former student of Kwan Saihung and Wong Jack Man, and Grandmaster Mantak Chia. He believes that both hard and soft styles of martial arts should be available to everyone to be practiced at all stages of life. He believes that when learning is fun it can last a lifetime!
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options. At Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with a credit card (convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Use this option to pay your balance in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the programs that you have chosen. The Online Payment Option is available until the deadline (if there is one), or the day before the program begins, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before.
- 2. OFFLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is mailing, using the drop box, or bringing in a check or cash with the receipt that is generated after you register. Reminder- the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received.
- The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program or deadline to register. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check. Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program might be cancelled due to low enrollment).