Want to learn to kick butt while having a ton of fun? Dangerous Girls is a women-only cardio-kickboxing class that combines strength and conditioning with practical combat skills. Hear the crack of your elbow striking like a lighting bolt. Learn trips and throws to send opponents crashing to the ground. Bounce to Beyonce, hit hard, laugh a lot, and become a force to be reckoned with in a female centered space.
The program runs for 6 weeks at twice per week, giving you 12 classes for the price of 10. Classes are open to all ages and abilities.
Instructor: Zachary Stevens, ONTA Studio
Bio: Zach Stevens Hatch has been practicing martial arts since his mom, a Karate black belt, first brought him to the dojo at age five. Growing up on a farm in southern Vermont Zach studied and earned black belts in Goju-Ryu Karate and Nihon Jujutsu, and competed in folkstyle wrestling in high-school. Later he trained Judo in Chicago, Sanda Kickboxing, Tai Chi, and Chi Kung in California, Pekiti Tirsia and Dogbrothers Kali in Argentina, Taoist meditations, Chi Kung, and Tao Yin in Thailand, and Brazilian Jujitsu in England. His teachers include Brent Hamby, a former student of Kwan Saihung and Wong Jack Man, and Grandmaster Mantak Chia. He believes that both hard and soft styles of martial arts should be available to everyone to be practiced at all stages of life. He believes that when learning is fun it can last a lifetime!
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options.
- At the end of Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. Online Payment Option is with a credit card (A convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Using this option your balance is paid in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the programs that you have chosen. The Online Payment Option is available until the deadline (if there is one stated), or the day before the program begins, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before, as list are delivered on Friday.
- 2. Offline Payment Option is paying with check or cash that can be mailed, using the drop box, or bringing in to the Rec. Office. Please include the receipt that is generated after you register. The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program or deadline to register. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- NOTE: the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received when using the Offline Payment Option.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program. Some programs do not allow registration after the first meeting of the program or after the deadline date.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program can be cancelled due to low enrollment).