Martial Arts- Special Needs, Age 4-15
Wondering if Martial Arts could be a good fit for your special needs child? Come in and try a four week introduction to our special needs kids classes. Our small group classes teach the same core curriculum of tumbling, free running, and meditation as our neurotypical classes, but we introduce and build skills at pace with your child's learning style, needs, and ability.
We have extensive experience in special education, and have worked with special needs kids of all different diagnoses and abilities, including autism spectrum disorders, sensory integration conditions, and behavioral issues.
Instructor: Zach Stevens
Bio: Zach has been practicing martial arts since his mom, a Karate black belt, first brought him to a dojo at age five. Growing up on a farm in southern VT Zach studied and earned black belts in Goju-Ryu Karate and Nihon Jujutsu, and competed in folkstyle wrestling in high-school. Later he trained Judo in Chicago, Sanda Kickboxing, Tai Chi, and Chi Kung in California, Pekiti Tirsia and Dogbrothers Kali in Argentina, Taoist meditations, Chi Kung, and Tao Yin in Thailand, and Brazilian Jujitsu in England. His teachers include Brent Hamby, a former student of Kwan Saihung and Wong Jack Man, and Grandmaster Mantak Chia. He believes that both hard and soft styles of martial arts should be available to everyone to be practiced at all stages of life. He believes that when learning is fun it can last a lifetime!
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options.
- At the end of Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. Online Payment Option is with a credit card (A convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Using this option your balance is paid in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the programs that you have chosen. The Online Payment Option is available until the deadline (if there is one stated), or the day before the program begins, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before, as list are delivered on Friday.
- 2. Offline Payment Option is paying with check or cash that can be mailed, using the drop box, or bringing in to the Rec. Office. Please include the receipt that is generated after you register. Reminder; the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received. The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program or deadline to register. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program. Some programs do not allow registration after the first meeting of the program or after the deadline date.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program can be cancelled due to low enrollment).