Chi Kung & Tai Chi for Seniors
This program focuses on learning a variety of Chi Kung sets and postures, primarily those from Grandmaster Mantak Chi’s Healing Tao system. Come strengthen your body, regulate and build physical energy, and cultivate your mental concentration and spirit. The program also includes the practice of Yang style Tai Chi.
Instructor: Zachary Stevens, ONTA Studio
Bio: Zach Stevens Hatch has been practicing martial arts since his mom, a Karate black belt, first brought him to the dojo at age five. Growing up on a farm in southern Vermont Zach studied and earned black belts in Goju-Ryu Karate and Nihon Jujutsu, and competed in folkstyle wrestling in high-school. Later he trained Judo in Chicago, Sanda Kickboxing, Tai Chi, and Chi Kung in California, Pekiti Tirsia and Dogbrothers Kali in Argentina, Taoist meditations, Chi Kung, and Tao Yin in Thailand, and Brazilian Jujitsu in England. His teachers include Brent Hamby, a former student of Kwan Saihung and Wong Jack Man, and Grandmaster Mantak Chia. He believes that both hard and soft styles of martial arts should be available to everyone to be practiced at all stages of life. He believes that when learning is fun it can last a lifetime!
- Registration is done online and there are two payment options.
- At Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. Online Payment Option is with a credit card (A convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Using this option your balance is paid in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the program that you have chosen. The Online Registration Payment Option, is available until the day before the program, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before, as list will be delivered on Friday.
- 2. Offline Payment Option is mailing or bringing in a check or cash with the receipt that is generated after you register. Reminder; the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received. The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program might be cancelled due to low enrollment).