Literature and the Arts w/Susan-3rd-5th
Join Susan for a creative approach to exploring children's literature. Through the use of fine art, movement, assemblage, drama, and music, students will experience and explore quality children's literature that is silly, thought-provoking, creative, and caring. Students may create kinetic sculptures and circus animals like Alexander Calder, create and perform puppet shows, move, groove, and draw to musical beats, make hats like Madame Chapeau, or be inspired to expressively paint like the reptiles in Art and Max. Each session includes 6 new books and 6 new creative experiences.
Instructor: Susan Lepple
Bio: Susan is an artist, gardener, and outdoor enthusiast who lives with her family in Hinesburg. She has been bringing creative and dynamic arts experiences to community members at Hinesburg Community School, Carpenter Carse Library, Gardener's Supply Company, and regional Recreation Departments. She enjoys helping participants use their own creative energy and insights to make original and inventive artwork.
- Registration is done online and there are two payment options.
- At Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. Online Payment Option is with a credit card (A convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Using this option your balance is paid in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the program that you have chosen. The Online Registration Payment Option, is available until the day before the program, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before, as list will be delivered on Friday.
- 2. Offline Payment Option is mailing or bringing in a check or cash with the receipt that is generated after you register. Reminder; the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received. The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program might be cancelled due to low enrollment).