Literature and the Arts w/Susan-3rd-5th
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Join Susan for a creative approach to exploring children's literature. Through the use of fine art, movement, assemblage, drama, and music, students will experience and explore quality children's literature that is silly, thought-provoking, creative, and caring. Students may create kinetic sculptures and circus animals like Alexander Calder, create and perform puppet shows, move, groove, and draw to musical beats, make hats like Madame Chapeau, or be inspired to expressively paint like the reptiles in Art and Max. Each session includes 6 new books and 6 new creative experiences.
Instructor: Susan Lepple
Bio: Susan is an artist, gardener, and outdoor enthusiast who lives with her family in Hinesburg. She has been bringing creative and dynamic arts experiences to community members at Hinesburg Community School, Carpenter Carse Library, Gardener's Supply Company, and regional Recreation Departments. She enjoys helping participants use their own creative energy and insights to make original and inventive artwork.
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options.
- At the end of Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. Online Payment Option is with a credit card (A convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Using this option your balance is paid in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the programs that you have chosen. The Online Payment Option is available until the deadline (if there is one stated), or the day before the program begins, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before, as list are delivered on Friday.
- 2. Offline Payment Option is paying with check or cash that can be mailed, using the drop box, or bringing in to the Rec. Office. Please include the receipt that is generated after you register. The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program or deadline to register. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- NOTE: the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received when using the Offline Payment Option.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program. Some programs do not allow registration after the first meeting of the program or after the deadline date.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program can be cancelled due to low enrollment).