Journaling Visual Art- 16+
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
We are all familiar with written diaries, but visual art journals go a step further by using images in order to tell a story. Visual art journals are made up of drawings, paintings, collaged images, old photographs and all manner of mementos. Come create your beautiful, one-of-a-kind visual art journal. The process is intended to develop self-awareness, boost creativity and expand your technical abilities. In your journal you can include funny stories, heartfelt poems, touching memories, dreams and lots of vibrant color. Your completed art journal will reflect who you are, your chosen identity, and how you see the world. We will practice non-dominant hand drawing, calligraphy, and free word associations. Join us on this exploration of artistic inner worlds. A beautiful exercise on introspection, visual journaling is well suited for teens and adults alike.
Instructor: Cristina Clarimon-Alinder, BFA in Painting & Drawing and Masters in Art Education
Bio: Cristina is a recent transplant to Vermont, originally from Madrid (Spain). She believes in the therapeutic aspect of art making and enjoys collage as an art form without constraints or limitations.
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options.
- At the end of Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. Online Payment Option is with a credit card (A convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Using this option your balance is paid in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the programs that you have chosen. The Online Payment Option is available until the deadline (if there is one stated), or the day before the program begins, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before, as list are delivered on Friday.
- 2. Offline Payment Option is paying with check or cash that can be mailed, using the drop box, or bringing in to the Rec. Office. Please include the receipt that is generated after you register. The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program or deadline to register. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- NOTE: the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received when using the Offline Payment Option.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program. Some programs do not allow registration after the first meeting of the program or after the deadline date.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program can be cancelled due to low enrollment).