Kids Eat Healthy Workshops, K-4th
Join Joanne Heidkamp, registered dietitian nutritionist for Hannaford Supermarkets, for one or more of these great Kids Eat Healthy Workshops.
This is a parent/child program.
Instructor: Joanne Heidkamp, MS, RDN
Bio: Joanne is a registered dietitian nutritionist for Hannaford Supermarkets. In her career as a dietitian she has provided counseling and education to help people move toward their nutrition goals at various stages of life and health. She earned a B.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Pittsburgh, with graduate studies in Nutrition at the University of Cincinnati.
Fee covers Rec. Dept. admin costs.
Breakfast- Whether its cereal, leftover pizza, or a smoothie, the right breakfast is the foundation for a happy, healthy day. We’ll look at what goes into a good breakfast. Thursday, Feb. 13
Veggie Power- Veggies have a lot to offer. We’ll discover the rainbow colors of veggies, the textures from crunchy to smooth, learn how they grow, and play around with using veggies to make meals more interesting. Thursday, March 12
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options. At Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with a credit card (convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Use this option to pay your balance in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the programs that you have chosen. The Online Payment Option is available until the deadline (if there is one), or the day before the program begins, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before.
- 2. OFFLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is mailing, using the drop box, or bringing in a check or cash with the receipt that is generated after you register. Reminder- the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received.
- The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program or deadline to register. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check. Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program might be cancelled due to low enrollment).