Kids Eat Healthy Workshops- K-4th
Join Joanne Heidkamp, registered dietitian nutritionist for Hannaford Supermarkets, for one or more of these great Kids Eat Healthy Workshops.
This is a parent/child program.
Instructor: Joanne Heidkamp, MS, RDN
Bio: Joanne is a registered dietitian nutritionist for Hannaford Supermarkets. In her career as a dietitian she has provided counseling and education to help people move toward their nutrition goals at various stages of life and health. She earned a B.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Pittsburgh, with graduate studies in Nutrition at the University of Cincinnati.
Fee covers Rec. Dept. admin costs.
Kitchen Tools- Kitchens are full of intriguing tools – sifters, strainers, measuring cups, rolling pins and so many more. Kids will have a chance to use a variety of kitchen tools to make some simple recipes. Thursday, Sept. 19
Puffed Up Food- Air is an invisible ingredient in many foods we enjoy. We’ll have fun seeing how air puts the pop in popcorn, makes bread rise, and works in other recipes as well. Thursday, Nov. 21
Kitchen Crafts & Gifts- This month we’ll play around with food that we can turn into decorations and gifts. Thursday, Dec. 19
Snacks- Snacks are important when your child needs a boost. In this workshop we’ll explore how to turn snack time into power-up time. Thursday, Jan. 16
Breakfast- Whether its cereal, leftover pizza, or a smoothie, the right breakfast is the foundation for a happy, healthy day. We’ll look at what goes into a good breakfast. Thursday, Feb. 13
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options.
- At the end of Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. Online Payment Option is with a credit card (A convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Using this option your balance is paid in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the programs that you have chosen. The Online Payment Option is available until the deadline (if there is one stated), or the day before the program begins, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before, as list are delivered on Friday.
- 2. Offline Payment Option is paying with check or cash that can be mailed, using the drop box, or bringing in to the Rec. Office. Please include the receipt that is generated after you register. The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program or deadline to register. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- NOTE: the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received when using the Offline Payment Option.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program. Some programs do not allow registration after the first meeting of the program or after the deadline date.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program can be cancelled due to low enrollment).