Intro to Parkour for younger kids! This program is designed with the younger child in mind. Children learn basic movements from various categories including floor skills, vaults, bars and wall movements with age appropriate activities and games.
Program is held at Green Mountain Training Center in Williston
Children should dress in comfortable clothing to be active in.
A GMTC Digital Waiver must be filled out prior to the First class. (See link below)
Instructors: Green Mountain Training Center Staff
What is parkour?
Parkour is a training method designed to expand an individual’s vocabulary of movement, allowing a skilled practitioner to “flow” efficiently and creatively through any environment, “over, under, around or through” the obstacles in his or her path. Modern parkour has grown beyond the goal of simply finding the most efficient path and now embraces elements of more creative movement as well (freerunning). Though there are distinctive moves that still serve as the foundation of parkour—the kong and other vaults, tic-tac, lache, cat, precision and wall run to name a few—practitioners will also borrow elements from other disciplines such as capoeira, martial arts tricking and acrobatics to add flair to their “runs”, defining their unique personal ”lines” from point a to point b. For teaching purposes in a gym setting, WFPF certification and curriculum (the only Parkour certification and curriculum recognized by USAP) cover five categories of movement, floor skills, vaults, bar work, wall skills, and when available in a safe and supervised environment, trampoline to aid in the development of spatial awareness.
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options.
- At the end of Checkout you will have the option to pay online or offline.
- 1. Online Payment Option is with a credit card (A convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Using this option your balance is paid in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the programs that you have chosen. The Online Payment Option is available until the deadline (if there is one stated), or the day before the program begins, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before, as list are delivered on Friday.
- 2. Offline Payment Option is paying with check or cash that can be mailed, using the drop box, or bringing in to the Rec. Office. Please include the receipt that is generated after you register. The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program or deadline to register. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- NOTE: the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received when using the Offline Payment Option.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program. Some programs do not allow registration after the first meeting of the program or after the deadline date.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program can be cancelled due to low enrollment).