Plots are available to Williston residents only.
The Community Garden is a 25 plot area off of Mt. View Road, near Brennan Park.
Previous year gardeners have first priority each year of returning. Any open plots than become available to the public, on a first come, first served basis.
Plot sizes and pricing:
Small Plot- 15x10 $25
Medium Plot- 15x20 $35
Large Plot- 15x30 $45
Is now available Online for open plots.
Payment is online with a credit card. (Credit Card use has a processing fee of $2 or 3.5%)
The season typically begins Memorial Day Weekend in May- this is when planting can begin.
The end date is the last Sunday of October- this is when all plots have to be cleared out.
Dates are based on the weather and can change.
All registered gardeners will receive an email after the plots have been mapped out and planting can begin. The email will contain the plot number assigned and a map of the garden plots.
- Season Dates: Memorial Day Weekend to Last Sunday in October. Dates are based on weather conditions.
- Garden plots are reserved for Williston residents only.
- First right of refusal is always reserved for previous gardeners. Deadline is end of March.
- Absolutely no pesticides or herbicides are to be applied in the plots at Williston Community Gardens.
- Fertilizer can be used in moderation and in your own plot only.
- Participants must supply all their own tools for gardening their plot. All tools must be taken home each day.
- The Town of Williston is not responsible for personal tools missing, stolen or left behind.
- Gardeners are required to maintain their plot and bordering walkways, keeping both weed free.
- All weeds are to be deposited in the woods. Do NOT place in composting pile.
- Plots left unattended may be turned over to other gardeners.
- Your plants/vines must remain in your plot and not encroach on other plots or the walkways.
- Any plants/vines will be removed if encroaching on other plots or into walkways.
- Gardeners are to respect the plots of other gardeners.
- Children must always be supervised.
- Parking: use the entrance off Mountain View Rd. and park on the grass, or park at Brennan Park.
- No parking in roadway of Brennan Drive.
- Water: Turn off the water when you are not using it. Please return the hose when you are finished.
- Be sure that hose is drained of all water and wind loosely on holder, be sure hose does not hang on the ground.
- If the spigots are not functioning, please make the Recreation Dept aware so repairs can be made if needed.
- All materials must be removed and disposed of by season’s end. Last Sunday in October
- It is each gardener’s responsibility to remove all non-biodegradable materials at the end of the season.
- Plant material can remain in your plot to be tilled or can be added to compost pile.
- DO NOT DUMP Non-Biodegradable materials on site. All materials brought in must be carried off-site.
Additional Forms and Files: