Arduino Microcontrollers, Age 10+
Beginners Electronics and Programming with Arduino Microcontrollers
Deadline to Register- December 19, so kits can be ordered
Computers and smart phones are an important part of our lives, but microcontrollers are even more ubiquitous. Little computers are embedded in everything from cars to toys.
This program will introduce beginners to the world of building small electronic projects that can be controlled by microcontrollers called “Arduino". Basic principles of electronics and programming will be explored as you make lights blink, motors turn, and sense the world around you.
What a great program to take with your child! A parent is required to attend with their child ages 10-12. The program can also be taken by individuals ages 13+.
A take home Arduino Kit is included in the fee.
Laptop is required.
Only children must be registered for ages 10-12. (one kit will be ordered for each child)
Instructor: Bryan Serinese
Bio: Bryan has been a software development project manager for over 20 years and avid electronics hobbyist since he built his first computer with his dad in 1975. He has used his skills and creativity to build many fun and interactive objects, especially around Halloween time.
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options at Checkout.
- 1. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with a credit card (convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Use this option to pay your balance in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the programs that you have chosen. The Online Payment Option is available until the deadline (if there is one), or the day before the program begins, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before.
- 2. OFFLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is mailing, using the drop box, or bringing in a check or cash with the receipt that is generated after you register. Reminder- the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received.
- The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program or deadline to register. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check prior to the first day of the program or before the deadline if there is one.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program.
- If a program is Full, you can register and will be put on a waiting list. No fee for waiting list.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program might be cancelled due to low enrollment).