Williston Recreation & Parks, VT
Skip to nav
Early-Bird Discount- (for Residents Only) Sunday, December 19
$10 off the listed prices below, if registered and paid prior to Dec. 19.
Discount is taking at the time of check out.
Offline payments, check or cash, need to be in prior to Dec. 19 to get the Early-Bird Pricing.
Registration Deadline- Sunday, Jan 2
Registration are not accepted after this date due to preparing lists and for the program.
The program is a collaboration between Williston Recreation, Williston Schools and Cochran's Ski Area. The emphasis is on learning to downhill ski or snowboard, through weekly lessons. The program is for the participant that wishes to learn or improve their skills. All participants are required to take a one-hour weekly lesson. (Lower level participants will have weekly lessons that are longer to help them progress up the levels). The Learn to Ski/ Ride Program is for children in grades K-8th.
The Kindergarten program starts January 12- 6 weeks.
Kindergarten children must be transported to and from the mountain and accompanied by an adult.
This means an adult is required to be on the mountain with their child and help out.
Informational Sheet- CLICK HERE
Has all the information you need to prepare your child for the program and to ensure they have a successful time.
Informational Meeting- There will NOT be one this year due to COVID. See Informational Sheet
Learn to Ski/Ride Program Information:
The program is at Cochran's and meets Wednesdays.
The program is from 2:30-4:30pm. Lessons 2:30-3:30pm and free ski/ride time from 3:30-4:30pm.
Bus transportation is available to Williston Students at ABS and WCS. Buses leave the schools at 2:00pm.
Transportation is back to WCS Only, leaving Cochran's at 5:00pm. Buses arrive at WCS by 5:15pm.
Parents picking their child up, who took bus, at the mountain must do so before 4:45pm to check them out.
Equipment Loan- CLICK HERE
You must register your family for a Fitting Time to get equipment this year.
Click the Link above to be brought to the site to register for a time block- no fee is charged.
You only need to register one person for a Fitting Time- Example- Register one parent for a time block and than bring all children who need to be fitted.
You will pay for the equipment loan the night of the fitting- $30 per child- Check or Cash accepted.
7th & 8th grade students will be invited to be student instructors for the program by the school staff.
There is a $30 registration fee for all student instructors. Checks made out to Williston Recreation.
They will be provided a registration form that needs to be filled out and returned with money to the WCS Main Office or Rec. Dept.
(drop box behind Town Hall- 7900 Williston Rd can be used)
There will be a Student Instructor training at Cochran's- Wed, Dec 22 , 2:30-5:00pm. Bus transportation only provided from school to Cochran's. Parents must pickup at Cochran's.
The success of the program depends on the adult volunteers!
People are needed on a regular basis, each week, and even occasionally, to help with lessons and on the mountain.
If you plan on taking your child to and from the mountain, please consider how you can help.
Cochran's Ski Area
Alpine Shop- provides a coupon for loan equipment to be checked and tuned
REI- provides children's equipment to have a Binding Test, Adjust and Tuned.
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options at Checkout.
- 1. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with a credit card (convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Use this option to pay your balance in full and the person you are registering is enrolled in the programs that you have chosen. The Online Payment Option is available until the deadline (if there is one), or the day before the program begins, or in the case of a weekend program the Thursday before.
- 2. OFFLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is mailing, using the drop box, or bringing in a check or cash with the receipt that is generated after you register. Reminder- the person you are registering is not enrolled until payment is received.
- The Offline Payment Option, closes a week prior to the start of a program or deadline to register. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check prior to the first day of the program or before the deadline if there is one.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program.
- If a program is Full, you can register and will be put on a waiting list. No fee for waiting list.
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program might be cancelled due to low enrollment).
Additional Forms and Files:
REGISTRATION- NO TRANSPORTATION
- Use the links below to register your child for the program Without Transportation.
REGISTRATION- WITH TRANSPORTATION
- Use the links below to register your child for the program With Transportation.
- Use the link for the current grade your child is in.
- 7th-8th Grade link is for those children who will be taking lessons as part of the program. It is not for Student Instructors- see info above on that.
DONATION- LEARN TO SKI/RIDE PROGRAM
- Use the link below, if you would like to give so other Williston children may participate in the program.
- Any amount will be accepted. You will be able to enter the amount you want before checking out.
- All donations will be used for financial assistance in the Learn to Ski/Ride Program.
Register as Guest
Learn to Ski/Ride Donation