Williston Community Garden
= Unavailable = Available
MT View Drive
Williston, VT 05495
The Community Gardens are made up of 25 plots- 5 small, 10 medium & 10 large.
Plots are only provided to Williston residents. Plots are open to returning gardeners in March and any plots remaining are made available to the Williston Community in April.
The gardening season is from Memorial Day Weekend to end of October.
Season Dates: Memorial Day Weekend to Last Sunday in October. Dates are based on weather conditions.
- Garden plots are reserved for Williston Residents Only.
- First right of refusal is always reserved for previous gardeners.
- Available plots are than open to residents to reserve.
- Absolutely NO pesticides or herbicides are to be applied in the plots.
- Fertilizer can be used in moderation and Only in your own plot.
- Participants must supply all their own tools for gardening their plot.
- All tools must be taken home each day.
- The Town of Williston is not responsible for personal tools missing, stolen or left behind.
- Gardeners are required to maintain their plot and bordering walkway, keeping both weed free.
- All weeds are to be deposited in the woods. Do NOT place in composting pile.
- Plots left unattended may be turned over to other gardeners.
- Your plants/vines must remain in your plot and not encroach on other plots or the walkways.
- Any plants/vines will be removed if encroaching on other plots or into walkways.
- Gardeners are to respect the plots of other gardeners.
- Children must always be supervised.
- Parking: use the entrance off Mountain View Rd. and park on the grass, or park at Brennan Park.
- No parking in roadway of Brennan Drive.
- Water: Turn off the water when you are not using it. Please return the hose when you are finished.
- Be sure that hose is drained of all water and wind loosely on holder, be sure hose does not hang on the ground.
- If the spigots are not functioning, please make the Recreation Dept aware so repairs can be made if needed.
- All materials must be removed and disposed of by last Sunday in October.
- It is each gardener’s responsibility to remove all non-biodegradable materials at the end of the season.
- Plant material can remain in your plot to be tilled or can be added to compost pile.
- DO NOT DUMP Non-Biodegradable materials on site.
- All materials brought in must be carried off-site.